Bunicorn is a GameFi platform that promotes decentralized finance (DeFi) and blockchain gaming. The platform’s automated money maker (AMM) is designed to work for both tokens and stablecoins. Bunicorn is launching its first-ever game, the “play-to-earn” Bunicorn game. The goal is to give gamers total control over their digital assets in a series of interconnected games, thus making “play-to-earn” a full-time job. By combining DeFi products like AMM, NFT Yield Farm, and a universal marketplace to connect with other games, Bunicorn is seeking to become the dreamland for gamers and blockchain adopters.
The ingame tokenomics is designed to offer good benefits to gamers, such as low and manageable price rates. Bunicorn gaming platform will have two tokens; BUNI and BUR. Bunicorn’s tokenomics provide solutions like a stable BUR payout rate, ensuring buying demand for BUNI and BUR, and burning the BUR token to balance its supply. Also, Bunicorns can be burnt through fusion and enhancement to prevent inflation. The tokenomics design also helps to distribute 5% of the game’s revenue to incentivize BUNI token holders.
1. The Bunicorn ecosystem comprises AMM DEX, NFT yield farming, NFT staking and marketplace, and a DeFi mobile app. What inspired you guys to add gaming metaverse to the ecosystem?
When developing the Bunicorn project, I aim to make blockchain a helpful technology for everyone, making it a part of daily life. However, if the project only focuses on features like AMM DEX or yield farming, this goal would be challenging to achieve. So, I chose games, which already have a certain number of real blockchain use cases, and game players are often very open to new technology. Therefore, I think the game will be a suitable and powerful springboard to popularize blockchain technology to the public gradually.
2. What do you plan to accomplish with the Bunicorn gaming metaverse, and how do you intend to achieve these goals in the future?
We give gamers complete control of their digital assets in a series of interconnected games in the universe, Play to Earn, and take another step further to envision a better world by adopting blockchain technology in their everyday lives. We are now focusing on building a Bunicorn Game Universe for all users to gain extra income while having fun. We will further develop a complete ecosystem around it with DEX, marketplace, and auction from this solid foundation. And there is a new plan to go for a brand new chain built by our team very soon.
3. The Bunicorn Card Game will be the first game in the Bunicorn Universe and will focus on the “play-to-earn” tokenomics. How do you plan to get more people to get involved in the game? What are the incentives that gamers stand to gain by playing this game?
At the end of August, we have successfully released a Play-to-earn RPG game on BSC. This is the first game in the Bunicorn Universe in the form of a card game, which will be web-based. The Pokémon-inspired game allows players to collect and own trainers and Bunicorns to battle each other for rewards. Basically, players can earn income from this game through (1) Rewards after the battle is won, (2) Upgrading and selling trainers/Bunicorn on the market, (3) Luck to get a high level of rarity Bunicorns, and (4) Staking and receiving rewards from a part of the game’s revenue for BUNI holders.
We also have developed a tokenomic mechanism to solve the following problems: the high entry price for new players, the fair and stable ratio of bonuses for both old and new players, and tokens used as bonuses that are not too inflationary.
4. The game is termed “play-to-earn,” people would love to know how they can earn money by simply playing this game. Can you give a concise explanation of how the “play-to-earn” works for gamers?
Let’s look back a bit on the traditional games, shall we? Up until now, games have always been a highly centralized activity, with data, assets, and currency used only in the game and their value determined solely by the developers. Many game items can cost thousands of dollars, depending on their rarity. But players can’t do anything but use these assets to play the game only. They don’t even actually own them because if they stop playing the game or one of the game’s servers crashes, all the hard-earned player items are possibly gone forever.
However, with the participation of blockchain technology, we could soon see a completely decentralized future of the gaming industry. All items in one game can be redeemed and used in other games, giving more real-world value to in-game assets.
So “play-to-earn” here does not mean we give players money to play the game. It implies a previously ignored fact that those items and rewards users earn should fully belong to them and at their will to use. “Play-to-earn” is you having fun playing the game, investing your time and money to develop the character, and getting back a part of your contribution to grow the game with tangible assets.
5. This upcoming game will be your first try to create a tokenomic that nurtures sustainable growth of the play-to-earn model. What is the feeling like for the team? Are you more apprehensive or enthusiastic about the coming game?
I would say we feel both of that but more on the excited side. Because our team and I are fully aware that we have to adapt and grow to satisfy the users’ demand constantly. We listen to the community and their ideas to gradually complete a tokenomic that truly nurtures sustainable growth. And I have to say Bunicorn community members are among the most knowledgeable and creative contributors in the Defi world. Thanks to them, our team has developed and altered some great features and rules for the Bunicorn project.
6. According to reports, you conducted an analysis that dissected the problems facing blockchain gamers. From your findings, what solutions have you put together in the Bunicorn’s game to tackle these problems?
In order to better our game’s tokenomic design, I have done some research on Axie and CryptoBlades and addressed the current problems of existing tokenomics faced recently by players. Within this research, I have analyzed five aspects encompassing the entry price to enter the game, In-game monetization mechanism, Revenue streams of the game, How the token’s value is captured, and their Pros & Cons. You can find the detailed findings here.
Based on what I found above, there are some points that I notice should be included in our game:
- The entry price should be competitive and stable to invite new players over time
- The reward payout should be stable and be independent of the governance token’s fluctuation. This approach nurtures a sustainable growth of a play-to-earn user base rather than pump & dump users who’re looking for short-term profit.
- There should be some kind of lucky/gacha drawing of rare items to encourage more people to enjoy the game while balancing the characters in the game with probabilities.
- There should be mechanisms to create purchase demand for the tokens and burning to reduce the inflation rate.
- There should be a way to burn the characters in the game to make it not hyperinflation and increase their value in general.
- Stakers should receive incentives from the game to make a flywheel for the governance tokens between playing, earning, and staking.
7. The Bunicorn’s “play-to-earn” adventure game is about a battle to redeem Buniland’s peace. Why did you decide to follow this narrative for the game? There are, of course, a thousand and one possible other options available to you, but you chose Buniland. What is the inspiration behind the name?
I personally love heroes in movies like Avengers or animated films from Japan. And I also adore cute animals like rabbits and cats. Therefore, I want to combine both of these personal interests (and maybe many others, too) to develop a storyline that tells the solidarity and bond between animals and heroes. That is how the tale of Buniland came about.
8. The game is deployed on the Binance Smart Chain, ahead of other possible blockchain protocols out there. What advantage does BSC give to the Bunicorn game, and how does this benefit the gamers and the ecosystem at large?
The reasons that we chose BSC other than other networks vary, but I would say there are three main ones. First, BSC is fully EVM compatible, enabling integration with Metamask and making it effortless for users to switch EVM compatible chains like Ethereum to BSC. Secondly, BSC’s fee is low, especially when comparing with that of the Etherium network. This advantage attracts many users to our platform since it partly helps optimize their financial budget. And the last reason is that the BSC ecosystem is so diverse that it simplifies interoperability within our DeFi ecosystem a lot.
9. A report published on Total Insights highlighted that experts are of the opinion that blockchain gaming will be the tipping point of blockchain mainstream adoption. What do you think of this opinion?
I think gaming is the most accessible way to connect people to the blockchain at the moment. The decentralized game has already been a reality, such as PlayStation Sony building The Six Dragon entirely on the Ethereum network. And there are over 3 billion gamers within the gaming industry across the globe for us to reach out to. We also consider this state of the industry when developing Bunicorn Game and the ecosystem around it. We will give gamers complete control of their digital assets in a series of interconnected games in the universe, Play to Earn, then gradually making blockchain technology a part of their everyday lives.
10. This is the first game on the Bunicorn platform. Should gamers expect more and better games in the future, or is this all there will be about Bunicorn’s gaming?
The Bunicorn Game is just the start of our plan for the Defi game. The later versions of the Bunicorn Game will allow users to buy lands and colony the Buniland with different game-plays, including PvP, PvE, and Raid Boss while fighting with Legendary Bunicorns and monsters in the universe.
And at the beginning of 2022, our team will be releasing a brand new game within the Bunicorn gaming universe. This game will be different with unique gameplay and elaborate and stunning graphics. We hope everybody will give as much support and love for the new game as you have for the Bunicorn Game.